Terms & Conditions
The term 'HandyHome' or 'us' or 'we' refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is HANDY HOME SOLUTIONS PRIVATE LIMITED (CIN: U74900MH2014PTC259683) B-3084/3089, Oberoi Gardens, Chandivali Farm Road, Chandivali, Mumbai - 400072. The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our App/Website.
NOTE: HandyHome does not provide the services listed on the App/ Website and HandyHome is not a service provider. It is a software or a technology company which enables the user to book service of third party service providers. It is up to the third-party servicemen or service providers to offer the services which may be scheduled through the use of the App/Website. HandyHome offers information and a method to obtain such third party services, but does not and does not intend to provide the services or act in any way as a service provider and has no responsibility or liability for any services provided to you by such third parties.
I. USER(S) ELIGIBILITY
User(s) means any individual or business entity/organization that legally operates in India or in other countries, uses and has the right to use the Services provided by HandyHome. The Service provided by HandyHome is a technology based service which enables the users to register for any, but not limited to, service request to the original equipment manufacturer or any other service provider of, home based servicing needs in various categories such as appliances, electronics, wellness, etc., through the internet and / or mobile telecommunications devices, service of applying for an extended warranty or an annual maintenance contract (AMC). Our Services are available only to those individuals or companies who can form legally binding contracts under the applicable law. Therefore,user(s) must not be a minor as per Indian Law; i. e. user(s) must be at least 18 years of age tobe eligible to use our Services.
HandyHome advises its users that while accessing the web site, they must follow/abide by the related laws. HandyHome is not responsible for the possible consequences caused by your behaviour during use of the App/Website. HandyHome may, in its sole discretion, refuse the service to anyone at any time.
II. USER(S) AGREEMENT
This agreement applies to user(s) if user(s) are visitors, registered - free or paid user(s) who access the App/ Web site for any purpose. It also applies to any legal entity which may be represented by you under actual or apparent authority. User(s) may use this site solely for their own personal or internal purposes.
This agreement applies to all HandyHome services offered on the App/Web site, collectively with any additional terms and condition that may be applicable to the specific service used/accessed by user(s).In the event of a conflict or inconsistency between any provision of the terms and conditions mentioned herein with those of the particular service, the provisions of the terms and conditions applicable to such specific services shall prevail.
III. AMENDMENT TO USER(S) AGREEMENT
HandyHome may change, modify, amend, or update this agreement from time to time without any prior notification to user(s) and the amended and restated terms and conditions of use shall be effective immediately on posting. If you do not adhere to the changes, you must stop using the service. Your continuous use of the Services will signify your acceptance of the changed terms. You agree that it will be your duty to regularly check and remain updated with these terms and conditions as may be updated/modified from time to time.
IV. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
HandyHome is the sole owner or lawful licensee of all the rights to the App/ Web site and its content. App / Web site content means its design, software code, layout, text, images, graphics, sound, video, any visual effects or other intellectual property rights etc. The App/ Web site content embody trade secrets and intellectual property rights protected under worldwide copyright and other laws. All title, ownership and intellectual property rights in the App / Web site and its content shall remain with HandyHome, its affiliates or licensor's of HandyHome content, as the case may be.
All rights, not otherwise claimed under this agreement or by handyhome.in, are hereby reserved. The information contained in this App / web site is intended, solely to provide general information for the personal use of the reader, who accepts full responsibility for its use. HandyHome does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, or advertisements (collectively, the "content") contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from any of the services contained on this web site, or the quality of any products, information or other materials displayed, or obtained by you as a result of an advertisement or any other information or offer in or in connection with the service.
We accept no responsibility for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of this information. All information in this web site is provided "AS IS " with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of this information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to warranties of performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Nothing herein shall to any extent substitute for the independent investigations and the sound technical and business judgment of the user(s). In no event shall HandyHome be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever with respect to the service. User(s) of this site must hereby acknowledge that any reliance upon any content shall be at their sole risk.
HandyHome reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without any obligation, to make improvements to, or correct any error or omissions in any portion of the service or the App/Website.
All related icons, trademarks, logos, service marks, trade names, trade dress and other distinctive branding features used on any part of the App / Website or by HandyHome are registered trademarks or trademarks or service marks of HandyHome in various jurisdictions and are protected under applicable copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights laws. The unauthorized copying, modification, use or publication of these marks is strictly prohibited.
All content such as, but not limited to text, software code, images, videos, audio, interactive presentations, on this App / Web site is the copyright of HandyHome except the third party content and link to third party web site on our App/Website.
Systematic retrieval of HandyHome content to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory (whether through robots, spiders, automatic devices or manual processes) without written permission from HandyHome is prohibited.
In addition, use of the content for any purpose not expressly permitted in this Agreement is prohibited and may invite legal action. As a condition of your access to and use of HandyHome's Services, you agree that you will not use the web site service to infringe the intellectual property rights of others in any way. HandyHome reserves the right to terminate the account of a user(s) upon any infringement of the rights of others in conjunction with use of the HandyHome service, or if HandyHome believes that user(s) conduct is harmful to the interests of HandyHome, its affiliates, or other users, or for any other reason in HandyHome's sole discretion, with or without cause.
V. USER ACCOUNTS, OFFERS AND PROMOTIONS
HandyHome reserves the right to collect user data including name, contact information, home appliances’ details and other electronic devices’ details and other details to facilitate services or use of its platform to avail services. All information collected from the user are on a bonafide basis. Misuse and misrepresentation of identity or contact details will lead to automated termination of services or the use of the platform without prior notice to such users.
User accounts bearing personal information, contact details, email IDs and home appliances’ details are created and owned by HandyHome. Any promotional discounts, offers and reward points can be revoked without prior notice in the event of suspicious account activity or malafide intent of the user.
In the case where the system is unable to establish unique identity of the user against a valid mobile number or e-mail ID, the account shall be indefinitely suspended. HandyHome reserves the full discretion to suspend a user's account in the above event and does not have the liability to share any account information whatsoever.
VI. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
HandyHome Application may contain features and functionalities that allow access to third party content, including websites, directories, servers, networks, systems, information and databases, applications, software, programs, products or services, and the Internet as a whole. Any such activities, and any terms associated with such activities, are solely between you and the applicable third-party.
Links to third party sites are provided by web site as a convenience to user(s) and HandyHome has not have any control over such sites i.e content and resources provided by them.
HandyHome reserves the right to terminate access to certain areas or features of the web site at any time f HandyHome reserves the universal right to deny access to particular users to any/all of its Services without any prior notice/explanation in order to protect the interests of HandyHome and/or other visitors to the web site. HandyHome reserves the right to limit, deny or create different access to the web site and its features with respect to different user(s), or to change any of the features or introduce new features without prior notice.
VIII. Terms & Conditions for use of Services
The following Terms & Conditions shall apply to users utilising the Services offered by the HandyHome for registering the request:
- The User hereby agrees and understands that Handyhome is only an App / Web site assisting in coordinating the user with third party companies and is not the service provider or employer or contractor of service personnel.
- The User hereby authorises Handyhome to contact third party service providers by sharing the user personal information like name, address, equipment details, contact details, warranty information and to store such information of the user in Handyhome’s computer/tele-communication system and that of any third party being contacted by Handyhome.
- The User shall pay the service or labour cost, visit or transportation cost (if applicable), item or spare part cost (if applicable), convenience cost (if applicable) and any fee or levy presently payable or hereinafter imposed by the law or required to be paid for availing of the services of such third parties by the user.
- Handyhome does not guarantee, warrant or assure any quality or performance by such third party service providers engaged at the request of the user. Handyhome has no control over the information transferred to the third party service provider.
- Handyhome has not performed any surveillance or background check of any personnel of third party service providers. The user understands that it is the responsibility of the third party service provider proposed to be engaged by the user and the user agreed that it will not hold handyhome responsible for any wrongdoing or crime of such third party servicemen.
- The user shall ensure that he/she will not indulge in any of the following activities:
- Misusing, soiling or damaging any of the devices (technical/non-technical) of the Serviceman.
- Asking the Serviceman to break any government rules for any purpose. The Serviceman has the right to refuse such a request by the user. The Serviceman also has the right to refuse such a work or leave such user's house.
- Misusing the Service or the Software for unlawful purposes or for causing nuisance, annoyance or inconvenience.
- Sharing of confidential information such as your password, etc.
- The user agrees and acknowledges that the use of the services offered by Handyhome is at the sole risk of the user and that Handyhome disclaims all representations and warranties of any kind, whether express or implied as to condition, suitability, quality, merchantability and fitness for any purposes are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Without prejudice to the above, the Company makes no representation or warranty that:
- The Services will meet the user's requirements
- The Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free
- Handyhome shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage, howsoever caused or suffered by the user arising out of the use of service offered by Handyhome or any third party, or due to the failure of Handyhome to provide Services to the user for any reason whatsoever including but not limited to the user's non-compliance with the services' recorded voice instructions, malfunction, partial or total failure of any network terminal, data processing system, computer tele-transmission or telecommunications system or other circumstances whether or not beyond the control of Handyhome or any person or any organization involved in the above mentioned systems.
- Handyhome will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of the service offered by Handyhome or any third party, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
- The user shall indemnify Handyhome from and against and in respect of any or all liabilities, losses, charges and expenses (including legal fees and costs on a full indemnity basis) claims, demands, actions and proceedings which Handyhome may incur or sustain directly or indirectly from or by any reason of or in relation to the use or proposed use of the services by the user and shall pay such sums on demand on Handyhome.
- Handyhome is hereby authorized to use the location based information provided by any of the telecommunication companies when the user uses the mobile phone to make a serviceman booking. The location based information will be used only to facilitate and improve the probability of locating a serviceman for the user.
- Handyhome shall be entitled to disclose to all companies/affiliates within its group, or any government body as so required by the law or by directive or request from any government body, the particulars of the user in the possession of Handyhome in any way as Handyhome, in its absolute discretion, deems fit or if it considers it in its interests to do so.
- Handyhome shall be entitled at any time without giving any reason to terminate the booking of servicemen done by the user.
- Handyhome encourages all its user to take full responsibility of his/her items.
- If the user suspects any serviceman of any wrongdoing (legal or illegal) or has any complaint in respect of the services or the use of the servicemen, the user has to inform the company who has provided the actual service.
- Handyhome shall not be liable for any conduct of the servicemen.
- Handyhome shall be entitled to add to, vary or amend any or all these terms and conditions at any time and the user shall be bound by such addition, variation or amendment once such addition, variation or amendment are incorporated into these terms and conditions at the Website at www.handyhome.in on the date that Handyhome may indicate that such addition, variation or amendment is to come into effect.
- All the calls made to Handyhome call centre may be recorded by Handyhome for quality and training purposes.
- It is expressly made clear to you hereby that Handyhome does not own any service providers nor does it directly or indirectly employ any servicemen. Servicemen are all engaged by third parties and Handyhome disclaims any and all liability in respect of the servicemen and services provided alike.
- Handyhome has the right to use the user contact information for its own marketing purposes. Handyhome may send regular SMS updates to the mobile numbers registered with it.
- The courts of Mumbai, India shall have the sole and exclusive jurisdiction in respect of any matters arising from the use of the services offered by Handyhome or the agreement or arrangement between Handyhome and the User.
- Handyhome provides for the service of applying for extended warranty, the acceptance of such warranty shall be at the sole discretion of the company/entity providing such warranty or service and Handyhome shall not be responsible if such warranty request is not accepted by the company/entity offering such services.
- The extended warranty shall be according to the terms and conditions provided by the company/entity offering such services and Handyhome shall only act as a Third Party as a medium for such service.
- All extended warranties are to be purchased during the Standard Manufacturer’s Warranty period. Such purchase shall be done by the User(s) by providing payment through Handyhome’s App/Website.
- The User shall be responsible to ensure all purchases or applications for services made through the App/Website confirm to the specifications of the products an equipment for which such service is sought and HandyHome will in no way be responsible for any payment made by the User for any products and equipment for which such service/warranty/AMC is not applicable or permissible as per the terms and conditions of the company/entity offering such services.
- HandyHome shall not be responsible if the company/entity providing such warranty or service do not send anyone for the Service. HandyHome extends its services only to providing of the purchase of the extended warranty.
- The User should read the terms and conditions of the extended warranty prior to applying for the extended warranty on the App/Website.
- The user agrees and acknowledges that whenever he/she applies for an AMC, acceptance of AMC depends on condition of the machine/equipment/product.
- HandyHome shall not be responsible if the company/entity providing such warranty or service do not send anyone for the service. HandyHome extends its services only to providing of the purchase of the AMC.
- The User should read the terms and conditions of the AMC prior to applying for any AMC on the App/Website .
- The User(s) accepts and understands that if he/she does not require the services as claimed for, such services shall be terminated immediately or at any time which is reasonable. The payment made for the AMC through App/ Website shall not be refundable. The payment for AMC includes service taxes as applicable.
Annual Maintenance Contract (AMC)
IX. Pricing Details
The User(s) agree to provide correct and accurate credit/ debit card details to the approved payment gateway for availing services on the App/Website. The User(s) shall not use the credit/ debit card which is not lawfully owned by them, i.e. in any transaction, the User(s) must use their own credit/ debit card. The information provided by the User(s) will not be utilized or shared with any third party unless required in relation to fraud verifications or by law, regulation or court order. You will be solely responsible for the security and confidentiality of the credit/ debit card details. HandyHome expressly disclaims all liabilities that may arise as a consequence of any unauthorized use of the credit/ debit card.
HandyHome shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly out of the decline of authorization for any transaction, on account of you/cardholder having exceeded the preset limit mutually agreed by HandyHome with our acquiring bank from time to time.
X. Refund and Cancellation
Except as expressly permitted under this Agreement, no refunds for any cancellations would be given.
- The AMC and Extended Warranty payment shall be made at the beginning of the service in advance. The User(s) shall not be able to terminate the services, once availed and in such a case the payment shall not be refundable to the User.
- If the User places the order and due to some reason (unexpected lack of inventory or any other reason) Handyhome is not able to provide such service, the request will be cancelled and the amount will be refunded without any interest and any further obligations and liability on HandyHome.
- If Handyhome fails to provide the asked service within the specified deadline, the request will be cancelled and the amount will be refunded to the User without any interest and any further obligations and liability on HandyHome.
- In the event that a service is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to an error in pricing or product information, Handyhome may, at its discretion, either contact the User for instructions or cancel the order and notify User of such cancellation. In such cases Handyhome will refund the charged amount to the user (only for which the payment is already received) without any interest and any further obligations and liability on HandyHome.
- In case the payment mode of the refunded order is Online (Credit Card/Net Banking) the amount may be refunded to the User Card Account or Bank Account.
- In an event when the payment is made with the App/ Website, and the payment could not be reached to the company/entity offering such services or otherwise is a failed transaction, but such amount is received by Handyhome, in such a case the amount paid by the User will be refunded by Handyhome to the User without any interest and any further obligations and liability on HandyHome.
- The User agrees and accepts that refund of payment is at the sole discretion of HandyHome and can take time and HandyHome makes no representations and warranties in relation to refund of payments and the time within which the amounts will be refunded.
- HandyHome will not be in any obligation for the payments made otherwise than online payments through HandyHome. It shall not take any responsibility for any representations, amounts, services or whatsoever the case lays.
Except as expressly permitted under this Agreement, you agree not to, nor will you allow any third party (whether or not for your benefit) to:
- Run, rent, lease, loan, or sell access to HandyHome App.
- Decompile or reverse engineer or attempt to access the source code of the software underlying HandyHome App.
- Copy, archive, store, reproduce, rearrange, modify, adapt, download, upload, create derivate works from, display, perform, publish, distribute, redistribute or disseminate HandyHome’s App.
- Access any part of the HandyHome App service to build a product using similar ideas, features, functions, interface or graphics of the HandyHome App.
- Access (or attempt to access) any service of HandyHome App, by any means other than as permitted in these Terms of Service.
- Circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security related features of the HandyHome App`s service, or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or third party content or enforce limitations on use of the HandyHome App or the content and third party content therein.
- Access HandyHome App to upload your code or your content to cause a breach of security to the HandyHome App or any Network or interfere with the proper working of the HandyHome App or prevent others from using the HandyHome App.
- Delete the copyright and other proprietary rights notices on HandyHome App.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by HandyHome and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of HandyHome. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, HandyHome takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.